It's been a busy few months, the weeks zoom by and it's nearly Christmas. Here is a little catch up. Our dear friends Megan, Adam, Sophie and Lucy visited from Tassie in August. It was so great to see them and to see how much their little girls had grown. Ryan and Soph have been best friends since they were little babies, and it still amazes me how they adore each other even though we live so far apart. We hadn't seen Lucy since she was about two weeks old, and they had never met Liam so there was lots of cuddling and catching up to do (that was Meegs and I). It was so great to hear all the Tassie news and to hear how everyone was doing back there. We had so much fun and a lot of laughs, Ryan was so heartbroken when they left it made me so sad!! We will just have to go over for a visit soon!!We went to a Justine Clarke (Aussie actress and children's entertainer) concert in October, Liam's first concert! It was great, I think I enjoyed it just as much as the boys. We also went to the Wiggles last weekend in Melbourne. A big day out catching the train down but the boys loved it too. Thought Ryan may be a bit sick of it now but he still enjoyed it, I figure they grow up so fast so you gotta make the most of these events before they don't want to go anymore.
Speaking of concerts....tonight Bon Jovi are playing in Melbourne and I can't believe I couldn't get tickets...lucky for me, I have a wonderful brother-in-law who has a friend that has invited my sister Leah and I to a red carpet, one off private concert in Sydney next Wednesday!!!!! Yep, Leah and I are getting all glammed up to strut down the red carpet with the celebrities and then we will be rocking all night to Bon Jovi..we can't believe it and are very nervous and excited at the same time. We just hope we don't end up on youtube for the wrong reasons!! My dear friend Jo has flown in from the US and will be in Sydney too on Thursday so we are catching up, very excited. Apparently Oprah is in Australia too, anyone else heard that? lol. You know I love Oprah, saw her twice in Chicago with Leah, it was fabulous, so if I happen to run into her I will ask how Illinois is since I left!!
Other news, dare I say it, the drought is over!!! After 10 years of drought it hasn't stopped raining for months. Huge lakes and reservoirs that were bone dry in June are now overflowing, it's simply amazing, haven't seen this much rain since I was in Tassie and haven't heard this much thunder since I was in Peoria!!! Poor farmers though, first time in years they would have had great crops, now they are ruined by flood, and Locust plagues are descending on us. Rotten things are munching away at my front garden, which ironically now they should be lifting water restrictions and I still won't have any plants!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment