Monday, February 9, 2009

Fires cont...

Meanwhile, the area just north of them, the towns of Kinglake, Kinglake West, Marysville and so on have disintegrated...the loss of life is devastating, they didn't have a chance and you wonder how they will ever get over it....I don't have any words to explain the grief we all feel.
Another fire at Bendigo threatened many of my friends and relatives, and tragically locals lost their lives there too. Bendigo is a large regional city, this fire swept in and destroyed homes only a few k/m's from the city centre...how does this happen.
Many more large fires around the state have claimed so many lives, and continue to burn. We can only pray for rain, but I think Victorians have forgotten what rain is...
Leah, my cousins in the north east of the state and my brother-in-law's family in central Victoria are still on alert, as things can change fast with wind direction.
I experienced the Ash Wednesday Fires in 1983 ( I was a little kid) and still remember the blackened sky, smoke and death toll....never thought I would see it again in my lifetime...

No comments: